Congratulations on your engagement! Congratulations on being in the land of love and excitement! Now let's get down to the business of Legally 'Getting Hitched', so the world can recognise your awesome relationship and you can change your status on facebook! LOL!
So, you've checked out my webpage, you love what I offer as a Wedding Celebrant and you've sent me an email of enquiry via my Contact Page. YESSSSS! I'm available and I will send you an email RE my Fee's and Inclusions - you agree and then we tee up a meeting over a cup of coffee and or a Skype Call, if meeting in person is not an option! I'm available most week nights to Skype with those couples who are living interstate or those whom are on the 9 to 6 train and unable to meet on weekends!
- This initial meeting is a warm meeting and connecting of our different universes - I'll tell you MY story if you tell me YOURS!!
- I take notes on the glorious and geeky moments of your Love Story and I explain how the ceremony can roll out.
- We talk about your wedding venue, your jobs, your OCD habits and that amazing or possibly awkward first kiss that you may have shared!
- I take enough notes and ask enough questions to get the ball rolling in the planning of your ceremony.
- I also explain how we will work together to create an amazing and unique wedding ceremony, stress free!
In this meeting we will fill in the Notice of Intended Marriage also known as the NOIM. You can also take this form with you or I can send you this via email, you have this witnessed by the correct witness, as outlined on the form and then send this to me via Snail Mail! I need to have receipt of this document at least 1 month prior to your date of Marriage! This is the first legal step in your paperwork trail and really not that stressful at all. Please Note - No NOIM 30 days before your date of Marriage means no Legal Wedding on your big day!! What is the NOIM?
You then walk away from this meeting having had an awesome time and want to book me in! I require a $500.00 non-refundable deposit to lock in the date and time of your wedding ceremony, the rest of your fee can be paid 1 month prior to your wedding date. My full fee for your wedding experience is $1310.00 Inc. GST. If you have a unique date and time for your ceremony, hit me up and we can chat more about my costs. If you want an intimate elopment style ceremony check out Hitched In Paradise
We email and chat along the path towards your ceremony, you fill in my awesome questionnaire and then I create a custom ceremony!! Generally the final workings of your ceremony will be complete at least 2 weeks prior to your ceremony - this will include all of the movement, the music, the words, the Vows and most importantly your Special Flavour flowing though the whole masterpiece. Sounds fun and easy, well it can be, you pay me to keep it a stress-free experience!!
You may wish to have a final meeting or a rehearsal closer to your wedding date, to run through your ceremony movement and some of the timings at your wedding venue. We will fill in some more paperwork here, I will witness any of your legal documents that still need witnessing - ID, Divorce Certificates, etc. then we will meet next on the dance floor of your wedding day!
- I will be ready to rumble 30 minutes prior to your ceremony time, please don't be too late, it's no fun for anyone!
- I will have my awesome Battery Powered PA on board, with it's wireless microphone and it's ability to play your ceremony music from any device that plays music!
- I will have copies of any Readings in your ceremony, Copies of your Vows and all of the legal paperwork to sign in the ceremony.
- We will need 2 witnesses over the age of 18 to witness the signing of these documents.
- Once the Confetti is flying, the Champagne is flowing and the vibes are high - I will depart the scene with this paperwork, gather the other documents and send this to the Births Deaths and Marriages, BDM, in the State of which the marriage was conducted.
- The Marriage is legally recognised and you can apply for your Official Marriage Certificate, if you wish to change your last name or need this document for Visa purposes.
All in all, I am there for you the whole way along our journey together! Whatever the question I'm here to provide the answer! I remind you of critical dates if you are looking at missing them! I gently prod and nudge when I need something from you and the whole experience is warm, fun and friendly!
And that is How to Get Hitched!!